Civil Engineering Job Description
Advanced Architectural Products, makers of SMARTci in Allegan MI, is seeking an experienced Civil Engineer to review materials for commercial construction projects. Engineers should have the ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced, demanding environment.
Requirements and responsibilities:
- Knowledge of Engineering principles and properties
- Experience with structural analysis of building construction
- Reading architectural drawings and specifications
- Experience with finite element analysis preferred
- Familiarity with building codes, ASCE 7 preferred
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience reviewing large commercial construction projects.
- Prepare engineering reviews during all levels of project development
- Interact with Design Professionals and Sales Team during project development and bidding. Must have basic knowledge of all aspects of construction (technology, equipment, means and methods, safety guidelines, regulations)
- Experience in AutoCAD, Bluebeam, and SOLIDWORKS preferred
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office programs (Microsoft Project, Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Ability to manage time effectively and efficiently
- Preparing detailed quantity take-offs for scope of projects preferred
- Being an effective problem solver
- Effectively communicate with customers, builders, and management
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
All customers and staff are required to wear masks, employee’s complete health assessments daily including temperature checks, PPE is provided for customers and staff.
Pay: $75,000.00 – $85,000.00 per year