Advanced Architectural Products is a fast-growing cutting-edge manufacturer for the construction industry in Hamilton MI is looking for a highly motivated candidate Lab Technician to conduct laboratory tests, to assist production in making qualitative and quantitative analyses on raw and finished products by using electromechanical, instrumentation and computer components. The ideal candidate enjoys being hands on and working with tools and materials.
- • Monitor product quality to ensure compliance to standards and specifications.
- • Compile and interpret results of tests and analyses.
- • Conduct chemical and physical laboratory tests to assist production in making qualitative and quantitative analyses of incoming raw materials and finished products.
- • Provide and maintain a safe work environment by participating in safety programs, and by conducting laboratory and plant safety audits.
- • Maintain, and clean laboratory instruments and equipment.
- • Accurately record test data in data base to document experimental results.
- • Conduct experiments and trials in the lab for new / changed designs.
- • Familiar with use and integrating computers, electronic equipment with mechanical / electrical components.
- • Provide technical support and assistance to production.
- • Proficient in Math and Excel.
- • Develop and conduct programs of sampling and analysis to maintain quality standards of raw materials, and finished products.
- • If necessary, may perform duties not directly related to position and assist fellow workers.
- • Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- • Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- • Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines.
- • Ability to complete assigned tasks under stressful situations.
- • Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
- • The trait of being dependable and trustworthy.
- • Ability to participate in needed learning activities in a way that makes the most of the learning experience.
- • Ability to find a solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems.
- • Ability to comprehend complex technical topics and specialized information.
- • Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
- • Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
$40,000-$60,000 based on experience with an excellent benefits package.