Application Product Engineer/Draftsman
Advanced Architectural Products, a leading manufacturer for the construction industry in Hamilton MI, is looking to hiring a Composite, Industrial, Civil, or Design Engineer to develop high-strength composite products. Candidate must be experienced with 3D AutoCAD, Solid works, Microsoft Office, physics, excellent computer skills, demonstrate good aptitude and be reliable. Prefer someone who has worked in construction or real-life experience.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Familiarity or ability to become intimately familiar with manufacturing process.
- Able to work on multiple projects with changing priorities.
- Performs and reports on intermediate analytical and simulation methods. Uses analytical results to generate conclusions and provide design direction.
- Good Aptitude
- FEA experience
- Problem solver
- Contribute as the polymer processing subject matter expert through all phases of the product development process, including feasibility, process validation, and product launch.
- Hands on design and development of polymer processes and equipment to meet business objectives for new product introductions.
- Conduct sample material runs in support of customer evaluations.
- Suggest solutions to manufacturing challenges based on experimental data and implement those recommendations working closely with Operations.
- Develop and protect intellectual property associated with product or processes within their area of expertise.
- Develop and conduct programs of sampling and analysis to maintain quality standards of raw materials, and finished products.
- Conduct experiments and trials in the lab for new / changed designs.
- Familiar with use and integrating computers, electronic equipment with mechanical / electrical components.
- Bachelor or Master of Science degree in Materials Science, Industrial, Civil, Composite or Design Engineering.
- Demonstrated ability to develop products and processes using a broad knowledge base in polymer engineering/processing, polymer characterization, and product performance testing.
- Significant experience with one or more of the following polymer processing techniques is required: injection molding, profile extrusion, thermoplastic pultrusion, compounding, and/or fiberglass/resin production.
- Excellent organizational, written, and verbal communication skills is a requirement.
- Experience using design of experiments and the implementation of six sigma principles to optimize processes is highly desirable.
- Ability to plan and execute innovative, multi-disciplinary research and technology development projects within predefined specifications and deadlines.
- Ability to independently interact with tool makers to provide inputs to the design and manufacturing of tools and dies.
Past employment history minimum of 3-4 years per position.
SMARTci is a continuous insulation system that can dramatically reduce the cost to heat and cool a building, plus it meets ASHRAE 90.1-2013 and ASHRAE 160-2009 code. It can assist in LEED certification and utilizes green building technology, so it’s environmentally friendly too! The system is made up of thermally insulated sub-girts, insulation, universal cladding attachments and an engineered installation package. Simply put, SMARTci makes buildings smarter.
Great benefits, salary $70,000-$80,000 based on experience.