Advanced Architectural Products, makers of SMARTci in Allegan MI, is seeking an experienced Civil Engineer to review materials for commercial construction projects. Engineers should have the ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced, demanding environment.
Requirements and responsibilities:
- Knowledge of Engineering principles and properties
- Experience with structural analysis of building construction
- Reading architectural drawings and specifications
- Experience with finite element analysis preferred
- Familiarity with building codes, ASCE 7 preferred
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience reviewing large commercial construction projects.
- Prepare engineering reviews during all levels of project development
- Interact with Design Professionals and Sales Team during project development and bidding. Must have basic knowledge of all aspects of construction (technology, equipment, means and methods, safety guidelines, regulations)
- Experience in AutoCAD, Bluebeam, and SOLIDWORKS preferred
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office programs (Microsoft Project, Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Ability to manage time effectively and efficiently
- Preparing detailed quantity take-offs for scope of projects preferred
- Being an effective problem solver
- Effectively communicate with customers, builders, and management
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
All customers and staff are required to wear masks, employee’s complete health assessments daily including temperature checks, PPE is provided for customers and staff.
Pay: $75,000.00 – $85,000.00 per year